Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thing #21: I Heart Google!

Google tools make me happy. I can't wait to go back and play with ALL of them. But here are two that I've chosen to try out today:

Google Calendar: My head is spinning now. Could I use this for teachers to sign up for library lessons rather than a Wiki? This seems so much easier and less intimidating for teachers. I'm worried that a Wiki might freak out some of them. I need to figure out if I can only allow a week at a time to be viewed; otherwise, they will sign up for the same time every week and it will turn into a fixed schedule. Also, I want to see if I can change the times to 15 minute increments. I definitely need to play around with this and ask Mary and Debbie if a Google Calendar is the way to go. I hope so!! Here is my personal calendar for the week:



Picasa: I usually use Shutterfly to share my personal photos, but I really like Picasa. I think I'll use this to share my library photos. Mother Goose visited Shaw in May, and the kids ABSOLUTELY LOVED her! Just look at their sweet faces! Looking at these pictures again makes me really miss my kids and excited about the upcoming school year. AND I know all of this cool new stuff to share with them! WOO HOO!! I love the idea of embedding a slide show, so here it is! I'm so proud of myself for figuring this out!! I LOVE TECHNOLOGY!!

1 comment:

  1. We are going to be using Google calendar to set up scheduling in the secondary libraries....it is totally doable! :)

    ReplyDelete