Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing #19: Voicethread...Wow.

Now I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Every "Thing" that I've encountered so far has been familiar to me; I have heard about most of these tools as a librarian, but I have never heard of Voicethread until now. It's a podcast on steroids.

Once I figure out how it works, the possibilities are endless when it comes to Voicethread. It would be great to use in book discussions because of all of the commenting options. It's interactive, and that's what makes it so powerful. I liked the idea of using it as a tool for creative writing. We do a strategy called "Writing Roulette" in the NJWP Institute, and I can see how Voicethread would enhance it. Voicethread would be effective for all different types of learning styles and all different ages of learners.

But first, I must conquer the Podcast. Then I can move on to Voicethread. This is definitely a tool that I want to learn more about!

1 comment:

  1. I used it with second graders so they could tell us about their research in the library. I posted the pictures and they each got to say one sentence about their experience. They loved it!

    ReplyDelete