Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing #17: Podcasts

I have always admired Podcasts from a far. I understand the concept, and I know that they can be used effectively in the classroom. This is my first experience to really play around with podcasts, and I like what I see (or hear). I subscribed to two podcasts: Grammar Girl and Just One More Book:


  • Just One More Book will be a wonderful resource for book reviews, and I was interested to find reviews on some of the books that I ordered for the library (I Need My Monster is one of them). I know people who listen to podcasts while they work out, and I would like to do that. I will play around with the directory to see if I can find some that will motivate me while I jog/walk on the dreaded treadmill.

I want to teach kids HOW to make a podcast, so that's going to require some extra learning on my part. I took a staff development on Podcasting (in my BL--Before Library--Days), and I honestly don't remember much about how to do it. I think that Garage Band was involved, and I don't remember it being that difficult. So I will add "Learn How to Make a Podcast" to my list of Web 2.0 things that I still need to learn.

2 comments:

  1. You're right - Making a podcast isn't hard at all. Debbie even found a site earlier this year that let you use your telephone to record your info for the easiest podcast ever! (You'll have to ask her what it was - I can't remember right now.) There are lots of tools for making them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ipadio allows you to broadcast from any phone to the Internet live. Easy Breezy!
    http://www.ipadio.com/

    ReplyDelete