Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing #20: Google Docs ROCK!

I didn't know much about Google Docs until I became a librarian, and they ROCK! Here are three ways that I will use them this year:

1. SURVEYS! I love that you can make a survey so easily with Google Docs. I made a survey for this "Thing" that I'm going to embed into my library web page (I think I can do that, right? Or at least I can have the link that takes kids there). Anyway, I want to find out how my kids spent their summer vacation, and this is a cool way to do it.

2. TO BUILD COLLABORATION! What an awesome way for kids to take notes on a project and then collaborate with kids from another class. This would be great to incorporate during research lessons so that kids can share their findings with kids in other classes. I want to play around with the presentation feature. That opens up even more doors!

3. REVISION STRATEGY! I would like to play around with using Google Docs for revision, and I wish that I had this tool in my arsenal as a high school English teacher. So many kids try to make it LOOK like they revised an essay by marking it up, but the content never changes. Google Docs could help teachers track the revision. This would probably work best with older writers.

With Google Docs, the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment