Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thing #16: Library Thing--You Make My Heart Sing

I think I've found my new obsession: Library Thing. I'd heard about it, but I did not know that it would be this AMAZING. I'm a total book nerd, but I own it.

I had to make myself stop or I would be on it ALL DAY. I need to go back and add, edit, sort--all that fun stuff, but I started my collection and it was SO EASY. AND--I put the widget on my blog! A few weeks ago I did not know what a widget was, much less how to embed it on a blog, much less my OWN blog. Look at me! Who AM I??

This is going to really impact my book life. I tagged by the season that I read the book; that might be strange to some people, but I like to remember WHEN I read a book. I will definitely be able to find book recommendations using Library Thing. For example, I want a good southern novel to read before I go to New Orleans, so I will use Library Thing to search. I think this is even better than Amazon.

The coolest "thing" yet for me personally. And I love the freedom to make my own tags. After my experience with Cataloging class last semester, I am a bit anti-Library of Congress. I understand the purpose, but I was not made to be a cataloger. I was made to be a Library Thing-er.

Enough with this blog post. Gotta go play on Library Thing!

2 comments:

  1. Who ARE you? Girl, you're a 21st century librarian! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm loving every minute of it! :)

    ReplyDelete